Saturday, 14 November 2015

A Tale of Four Oldhammer Gamers: giant spider painted

In my last post I assembled this brute and applied a small amount of greenstuff to mould the legs into a striking pose and fashion a pair of mandibles. I've now finished painting it:

I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out, particularly given that when I started to paint it it felt like it was all going wrong. One of the things that's really helped to turn it around is a good bit of drybrushing.

I'll be basing it at some point of course, but I haven't settle on a base design yet so I'll leave this for the time being.


  1. She's beautiful. The patterns you gave her work really well... very creepy. Reminds me of an ex-girlfriend.

    You mentioned feeling like "it was all going wrong" near the beginning. I know that feeling very well - it happens to me all the time when I'm painting. About 50% of the time, it really is all going wrong, and a do-over is in the works. But the other 50% is fascinating... it looks like shit part way through, and then just comes together beautifully. It's like magic. I'm glad you caught some of that magic here.

  2. Agreed that is a striking pose and paint job. Creepily cool. Well done Steve. ;)

  3. Nice! Great conversion for the better - excellent pose!

  4. Great pose and very efficient coloring choice.

  5. Nice work - with all that hair I could see that drybrushing would work well.

  6. This is superb! Can't wait to see it based and some shots of the nefarious beauty from the side.


  7. One of the best improvements by converting the good old spider, congrats Steve!