Monday 16 October 2017

Unreleased female Space Marine: update

A couple of years ago (almost to the day) I blogged about an unreleased female Space Marine that I found in Bryan Ansell's collection. The sculptor was a mystery - but no more! Kev White from Hasslefree Miniatures has stepped forward and claimed the honour. Here is what Kev has to say on the subject:

"This gods-fugly miniature was possibly the ninth miniature I had ever made. As with all my other first attempts, she was made in my lunch breaks while working as a miniature painter (yes, the jokes you're thinking of were done at the time as well) at GW and were sent off by Rick to be cast. As she was one of the last I made I never received any castings because I left my employment shortly after handing her over (there's also another Squat out there somewhere - one with a heavy bolter on his right shoulder).

So, yeah, she's an ugly mini, but she's mine. From an age when I believed in genetically engineered women with power(!) armour and access to guns that fired explosive ammo."

Thanks for the update Kev!

3 comments: