Friday 22 April 2016

TFOG April: finally some Slann...

As we approach the final stages of the Tale of Four Oldhammer Gamers I've finally manages to paint some Slann for my, errr, Slann army...

This month's offering is a small unit of Slann warrior priests, the Brotherhood of the Sacred Heart:



These guys weigh in at 12 points each, so 60 points for a unit of 5. Somewhat under the 100 points per month target, but my remaining units all exceed that so from an average perspective I'll be fine.

Way back at the start of this project I was mulling over some exotic paint schemes for the Slann, based on the wacky colouring of tropical frogs. In the end though I went for keep it simple, and have gone for a fairly "typical" green, with the addition of my blue spot colour on the clothes and feather head-dress (alternating with white). I realised part-way through that I dont think these guys are actually wearing upper-body clothing, but I'd started so I decided to finish with a brown tunic.

For the bloody hearts and blood spatter on the sacrificial blades I tried out the GW technical paint "Blood for the Blood God". I'm pleased with how this has turned out and I think the hearts look particularly realistic.

These guys have some fairly rocking stats:


Two attacks each, plus they are subject to frenzy. Gotta love frenzied troops!

See you next month Slann fans!

4 comments:

  1. Nice unit. Never realized that they have frenzy too! Tough frogs indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Steve! The bloody hearts look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Steve, nicely painted. I like the hearts and blood splatters. Always great to see more Slann. :)

    As someone who has gamed with this unit, they are great in combat, despite the max save of 6, good for attacking flanks. One of their strengths is the option for a 100 point magic standard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Slanns - sooo classic! /Hans

    ReplyDelete